Today was testing day, and we made more progress than ever before. As we put it in the water, it was boyant, and stayed upright. This was already a win. After, we tested out the motors and the joystick, and were happy to see that they boat was freely moving in the water. Though we didn't get the results we were searching for, we saw results happen, and Spades was finally moving in action after lots and lots of errors.
Today we finished the engineering project reflection essay. while each one of our members worked on it the other one would make the website neat. Peter finish wiring. The essay had all the parts we wanted, and they all came together well. We are finally ready to test and present, as the essay is done.
Today, we headed to the pool and tested Spades in the water. It had multiple struggles with both the wiring and the base. The problems in the base were solved by adding 2 pool noodles on each side as pictured below. We had trouble wiring and that will be fixed soon. However, on a good note we got a lot of progress on our website. We gathered key pictures and data. Next class we will continue to wire and will get data of the speed in the car in and out of the water.
Today was an average day for Spades. We took a trip to the pool for our first test and ran into some problems. The propellers didnt have enough power and there was a hole in the pipes and the connector. That hole will be patched up when we glue the PVC's together. Peter got a more charged battery and now the propellers work. Next class we have we will test again and hopefully gather results on speed. We also worked on the website a lot today and look to complete the project soon so we can decorate our vehicle.
Today was a very interesting day. With the amount of troubleshooting we had to do with the battery, it put a halt on the wiring production. However, we did complete the back wheel, and the frame rolls fine. With tomorrow being our Pali Hight field trip, preparation was done, and we hope to do as much tomorrow as we can. It's testing time, and we're ready to start gathering our information.
Today was hands down the most productive day we've had so far. Nicky and Luca completed the base and tested it in the water. It floated very well. We need to purchase a back wheel, attach it, and put on the motors. Peter today finished wiring and made the control box. He's almost done with testing it, but so far so good. Tomorrow we will put everything together and prepare for the Pali pool test on Wednesday May 4. The goal of completing this project is becoming more and more realistic if we continue to have days like this.
In class today, Nicky and Luca found a different way for the wheels to spin. We decided to have the PVC connectors spin along with the wheels. In order to do that we had to 3D print different PVC pipe connectors. We hope to have the wheel and axel system complete and attached to the base by next class. Peter completed the wiring and he will make a control box next time. We are almost complete and our goal is to test it in the Pali Pool.
Today was most definitely a struggle for Spades. Peter continued to wire and gained progress there. Nicky and Luca ran into some wheel struggles again. We worked all class trying to figure out what to do with the wheels. We came to a conclusion to stick with the non-mobile axel and 3d printing a PVC pipe connector that fits the hole cut in the wheel.
Today was a solid day in our process of making this boat/car. While Peter and Luca touched up on the wiring, Nicky worked on the website. Then, Nicky and Luca headed to PIRL to work on an axel system. We found wheels to put on the axels which will be attached next time. Today was productive because we now have a clear path to the finish. These next two classes will be pivotal to the building so we can test as soon as possible.